Workshop “Introduction to experimental neuroscience”
For Master and doctoral students from various disciplines (biology, physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science, psychology, medicine, pharmacy…). This workshop offers a unique opportunity to discover methods and concepts in neuroscience research through hands-on training within the premises of the Bordeaux School of Neuroscience. Participants from various fields of science follow case-based training by taking part in mini-projects supervised by experienced doctoral students and international experts in neuroscience.
This workshop focuses on basic neuroscience concepts and methods. It includes short lectures and hands-on experiments through mini-projects covering questions and techniques used in modern neuroscience research laboratories.
Topics covered will include:
- Cell biology and imaging
- Molecular and cellular biology, transcriptomics
- In vivo surgery, gene transfer
- Anatomy, brain clearing, connectomics and electron microscopy
- In vitro electrophysiology and optogenetics
- In vivo electrophysiology and imaging
- Human neuroscience
What will you gain from this experience?
This project-based training will allow participants to:
- Better understand basic experimental approaches in neuroscience research
- Directly perform the experiments
- Strengthen their international scientific network